Labour Investigation Committee (1946)||
List of Provincial Governments from whom replies to the General Questionnaire were received
1. N.W.F.P. Government.
2. United Provinces Government.
3. Orissa Government.
4. Madras Government,
5. Bihar Government.
6. Sind Government
7. Assam Government.
8. Bengal Government.
9. Chief Commissioner, Coorg.
List of Indian States from whom replies to the General Questionnaire were received
List of semi-Government bodies from whom replies to General Questionnaire were received
1. The Chief Inspector of Factories, N.W.F.P., Peshawar.
2. The Chairman, Delhi Improvement Trust, Delhi.
3. The Chief Inspector of Factories, Bihar, Ranchi.
4. The Chairman, Madras Port Trust, Madras.
5. The Principal, Thomason College, Roorkee.
6. The Commissioner, Southern Division, Belgaum.
7. The Executive Engineer, P. W. D., Koraput Division, Korapul.
8. The Executive Engineer, Ganjam Division, P.W.D., Berhampur.
9. The Chief Inspector of Factories, Orissa, Cuttack.
10. The First Class Subordinate Judge and Ex-Officio Commissioner for Workmen's Compensation, West Khandesh, Dhulia.
11. The First Class Subordinate Judge and Commissioner for Work-men's Compensation, Hubli.
12. The Commissioner, Workmen's Compensation Act, Ajmer.
13. The Collector of Mining Branch, Ajmer-Merwara,
14. The Chief Inspector of Factories, Delhi and Ajmer-Merwara. Delhi.
15. The First Class Subordinate Judge, Sholapur and Ex-Officio Commissioner for Workmens' Compensation, First Class Court, Sholapur.
16. The Master of the Mint, His Majesty's Mint, Fort, Bombay.
17. The Executive Engineer, Sambalpur Division, Sambalpur.
18. The Commissioner, Workmen's Compensation, Bombay.
19. The Assistant Director of Health, Northern Registration, Ahmedabad.
20. The Labour Commissioner, United Provinces, Cawnpore.
21. The General Manager, South Indian Railway.
22. The Commissioner, Northern Division, Bombay Province, Shahi Bagh, Ahmedabad.
23. The Sub-Judge and Ex-Officio Commissioner, Workmen's Compensation, Gadag (Distt. Dharwar).
24. The Agent and General Manager, Bengal-Nagpur Railway.
25. The Chairman, Improvement Trust, Cawnpore.
26. The Secretary to the Government of Bombay, P. W. D. (Roads and Buildings) Bombay, Castle.
27. The Captain Superintendent, H. M. I. Dockyard, Bombay.
28. The Labour-Officer, Bombay, 65, Clerk Road Jacob Circle, Bombay.
29. The District Officer, Balasore.
30. The General Manager, North Western Railway.
31. The Chairman, Karachi Part Trust, Karachi.
32. The Executive Engineer, Mahanadi Division, Cuttack.
33. The Administrative Officer, Port of Cochin, Willingdon Island P.O. .
34. The President Engineer and Administrator of Civil Personnel, Vazigapatam Port.
35. The Secretary, Provincial Labour Supply Committee, New Block Opp. Sectt., Bombay.
36. The General Manager, 0. & T. Railway.
37. The Chairman, The Commissioner for the Port of Calcutta Office,
38. The Labour Commissioner, Madras.
39. The General Manager, East Indian Railway.
40. The Labour Commissioner, Bihar.
41. The Labour Commissioner, Sind, Department of Labour, Karachi.
42. The Deputy Coal Commissioner (Production), C. M. E.
43. The Secretary, Bombay Port Trust, Bombay.
44. The General Manager, Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway.
45. The District Officer, Cuttack.
46. The Director of Industries, Punjab, Lahore.
47. The Chief Inspector of Factories, Assam, Shillong.
48. The Labour Commissioner., C. P. & Berar.
49. The Chief Inspector of Factories, C. P. & Berar.
50. The Civil Judge; Senior Division and Ex-Officio Commissioner for Workmen's Compensation, Broach.
51. The General Manager, M. & S. M. Railway.
52. The Executive Engineer, C. P. W. D., Cuttack, Division, Cuttack.
53. The General Manager, Gaekwar Baroda State Railways, Baroda.
54. Mr. B. E. Dadachanji, Head of the Department of Studies in Economics, Nagpur University, Nagpur,
55. The Chief Inspector of Factories, Bengal.
56. The Commissioner, Workmen's Compensation, Bengal.
List of Employer's Organisations, Companies, etc. from whom replies to the General Questionnaire were received
1. The Patna Electric Supply Co. Ltd., Calcutta a. The Gwalior Potteries Ltd, New Delhi.
3. The Octavious Steel Co. Ltd., Calcutta.
4. The Sone-Valley Portland Cement Co., Ltd., Japla.
5. The Indian Planter's Association, Coorg, Mercara.
6. The Tinplate Company of India Ltd., Gulmuri.
7. The Indian Tea Association, Calcutta.
8. The Asbestos Cement Ltd., Bombay.
9. The Newton Chickli Collieries Ltd., Parasia.
10. The New Egerton Woollen Mills Dhariwal.
11. The C.P. Syndicate Ltd., No. a Colliery, Junnordio.
12. The Sijua (Jherriah) Electric Supply Co. Ltd., Bensjora.
13. The Parasia Colliery, Parasia.
14. The Southern, India Millowners' Association, Coimbatore.
15. The Engineering Association of India, Calcutta.
16. The Trichinopoly Mills Ltd., Trichinopoly.
17. The Jaypore Sugar Co. Ltd., Rayagada.
18. The Ganesh Flour Mills, Co. Ltd., Lyalpur.
19. The Sandal Wood Oil Factory, Mysore.
20. The Mysore Sugar Co. Ltd., Bangalore.
21. The Andhura Paper Mills Go. Ltd., Rajahmundry.
22. The Sitaram Spinning and Weaving Mills Ltd., Trichur.
23. The Hilda Ltd., Floating Workshop, Bombay.
24. The Parry & Co. Ltd., Madras.
25. The Attock Oil Company Ltd., Rawalpindi.
26. The Buckingham and Carnatic Mills Ltd., Madras.
27. The Western India Match Co. Ltd., Madras.
28. The Bombay Gas Co. Ltd., Bombay.
29. The Rajmahal Quartz-Sand and Kaolin Co., Calcutta.
30. The Krishna Mills Ltd., Beawar.
31. The Edward Mills Co. Ltd., Beawar.
32. The Maha Lakshmi Mills Co. Ltd., Beawar.
33. The President, Millowners' Association, Beawar.
34. The Bangalore Woollen, Cotton and Silk Mills, Co., Ltd., Bangalore City.
35. The Central Board of Directors Juggilal Kamlapat Group,
36. The Buyers and Shippers Chamber, Karachi.
37. The Karachi Steam Roller Flour Mills Co. Ltd., Karachi.
38. F. F. Chrestion & Co. Ltd., Domchanch.
39. The Millowners' Association, Bombay.
40. Shree Durga Glass Works, Barang.
41. The Association of Indian Industries, Bombay.
42. The Ahmedabad Millowners' Association, Ahmedabad.
43. The Maharashtra Chamber of Commerce and Industries, Poona.
44. The Employers' Federation of Southern India, Madras.
45. The Maharashtra Chamber of Commerce, Bombay.
46. The Indian Mining Association, Calcutta.
47. The Tata Iron & Steel Co. Ltd., Bombay.
48. The Champion Reef Gold Mines of India Ltd., Champion Reefs.
49. The Silk and Art Silk Mills Association Ltd., Bombay.
50. The Calcutta Match Works (India), Ltd., Kathiar.
51. The Orissa Minerals Development, Co. Ltd., Calcutta.
52. The Bisra Stone Lime Company Ltd., Calcutta.
53. The Bird & Co., Calcutta.
54. The C.P. Manganese Ore Co, Ltd., .Nagpur.
55. The Titaghur Paper Mills Ltd., Calcutta.
56. The Hindustan Vanaspati Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Bombay.
57. The Dhinoj Ginning & Pressing Factory, Dhinoj, Baroda State.
58. Messrs. Lallubhai & H. Ginning & Pressing Factory, Tanakhla,. Baroda State.
59. Baroda Spinning & Weaving Co. Ltd., Baroda.
60. Shree Yamuna Mills Co. Ltd., Baroda.
61. New India Industries Ltd., Baroda.
62. Alembic Chemical Works Co. Ltd., Baroda.
63. Furniture Factory, Baroda.
64. Indian Hume Pipe Co. Ltd., Baroda.
65. Shree Sayaji Mills Co. Ltd., Baroda.
66. The Siddhraj Mills Ltd., Sidhpur, Baroda State.
67. The Lever Brothers (India) Ltd., Bombay.
68. The United Planters' Association of Southern India, Coonoor. 69. Khedat Sahakari Ginning & Pressing Factory Ltd., Baben P. 0. Bardoli, Baroda State.
70. Baroda Industries Ltd., Babhoi, Baroda State.
71. Baroda Industries Ltd., Tanakhla, Baroda State.
72. Gujarat Bobbin Works, Billmora Baroda State.
73. Baroda Industries Ltd., Kaledie, Baroda State.
74. Baroda Industries Ltd., Bodeli, Baroda State.
75. The Petlad Turkey Red Dye Works Co. Ltd., Petlad, Baroda State.
76. Keshay Mills Ltd., Petlad.
77. Jyoti Ltd., Baroda.
78. The Associated Cement Companies Ltd., Bombay.
79. The Tata Oil Mills Co. Ltd., Bombay.
80. The Indian Engineering Association, Calcutta.
81. The Indian Jute Mills Association, Calcutta.
82. The Gaya Sugar Mills Ltd., Gaya.
83. The Millowners1 Association, Indore.
84. The Calcutta Flour Mills, Association, Calcutta.
85. The India Machinery Co., Ltd., Howrah.
86. The Indian Mine Managers' Association, Ukhra.
87. The Indian Colliery Owners'' Association, Jharia.
88. Mazagaon Dock Ltd., Bombay.
89. Mckenzies Ltd., Bombay.
List of Workers' Organisations, Unions' etc., from whom replies to the General Questionnaire were received
1. The Punjab Sooba Mazdoor Committee, Lahore.
2. The Gujarat Regional Trade Union Council, Ahmedabad.
3. The Press Employees Association, Nagpur City.
4. The N.E.W. Mills Worker's Union, Dhariwal.
5. The C.P. & Berar Bidi Majdur Sangh, Nagpur.
6. The Mill Kamdar Mandal, Baroda.
7. The U.P. Provincial Trade Union Council, Lucknow.
8. The Delhi Textile Mazdoor Sabha, Delhi.
9. The Indian Federation of Labour, Delhi.
10. The All-India Trade Union Congress, Bombay.
11. The Colliery Majdur Seva Mandal, Chanda.
12. Khandesh Regional Trade Union, Council, Amalner.
13. The Khamgaon Cotton Ginning and Pressing Factory Labour Association, Khamgaon.
14. The C.P. & Berar Provincial Trade Union Congress Committee.
15. The Chindwara District Colliery Works' Union, Junnoddeo.
16. The Madras Port Trust Employees' Union, Madras.
17. The Karachi Dock Worker's Union, Karachi.
18. The Cigar Worker's Union, Virudhunagar.
19. The Bombay Provincial Trade Union Committee of the AITUC. Bombay.
20. The Madras Harbour Dock Worker's Union, Madras.
21. The Bengal Provincial Trade Union Congress, Calcutta.
22. The Madras Press Labour Union, Madras.
23. The Tuticorin Mill Labourer's Union, Tuticorin.
24. The Madras Provincial Trade Union Congress, Madras.
25. The Sind Provincial Trade Union Congress, Karachi.
26. The Tuticorin Launch Dredger, and all Power Boatmen's Union Tuticorin.
27. The Rajahmundry Trades Union, Council Rajahmundry.
28. The Textile Labour Association, Ahmedabad.
29. The Indore Mazdoor Sabha, Indore.
30. The South Indian Beedi Worker's Union, Madras.
31. The Coal Workers Union, Giridih, Bermo.
List of Municipalities, from whom replies to the General Questionnaire were received
1. The Resident Gadag Betgeri Municipality, Municipal Office, Gadag.
2. The Commissioner, Corporation of Madras, Madras.
3. The Municipal Commissioner for the city of Bombay, Bombay Municipality, Bombay.
4. The Chairman, Committee of Management, Ahmedabad Municipality, Ahmedabad.
5. The Special Officer, Patna City Municipality, Patna.
6. The Chief Officer, Municipal Corporation, Karachi:
7. The Secretary, Municipal Committee, Nagpur.
8. The Chief Executive Officer Corporation of Calcutta, Calcutta.
9. The President, Poona City Municipality," Poona City.
10 The Assistant Secretary, All-India Municipal Worker's Federation, Bombay.
List of private individuals from whom replies to General Questionnaire were
1. Mr. C. B. Parakh, B.A., LL.B. Advocate, Civil Station. Nagpur C.P.
2. Mr. Ram Rattan Gupta, Bihari Niwas, Cawnpore.